Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What diurnal animal in MA makes a sound like nails on a chalkboard? I heard it the other day in the woods.?

I was riding my horse in the woods the other day with a few others, and the leader's horse spooked at a strange sound that reminded me of nails on a chalkboard. At first we thought it was a fisher cat, but I did some research and realized that fisher cats scream. So what made that noise? Please help me figure this out.What diurnal animal in MA makes a sound like nails on a chalkboard? I heard it the other day in the woods.?
Raccoons and foxes will both make noises like you heard, especially during breeding season. This is the breeding season for the red fox, so that may be what you heard. Then warning call in this link is the one you want:





http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4707鈥?/a>





Another possibility is a ring-necked pheasant:





http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/261/_/R鈥?/a>





See if either of these are what you heard?What diurnal animal in MA makes a sound like nails on a chalkboard? I heard it the other day in the woods.?
is this northern or southern mass?

No comments:

Post a Comment