Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I didn't know that you shouldn't wash anything with nail polish remover on it. Will washer be ok?

My kids spilled 1/2 a bottle of finger nail polish remover on a rug and I washed it, but it still smells like polish remover. After I washed the rug I noticed that the lid (on the washer) says not to wash anything flammable in it (and the bottle of remover says ';flammable';). Should I use something to clean the washer or will the finger nail polish remover possibly cause problems with the washer in the future? (Don't worry----I'm not planning to dry the rug in the dryer)I didn't know that you shouldn't wash anything with nail polish remover on it. Will washer be ok?
The article I read once on bulwark.com claims that volatile substances dissipate into the atmosphere. They claim that washing in your home washer should render it safe. however, the odor and/or stains from flammable liquids may not come out with regular detergents, as you found out. Maybe you could air it out on a deck or porch for a day. But, as far as the article I've read claims, it is OK to wash in your washer.I didn't know that you shouldn't wash anything with nail polish remover on it. Will washer be ok?
I think you are OK. They real danger is drying something flammable in the dryer for obvious reasons. If you already did it and nothing bad happened, don't worry about it, but don't do it again :)
I think its safe. I would run an empty wash thougn because your next load might end up smelling like nail polish remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment