Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I cut my toe nails yesterday and i had a hang nail on my big toe so i pulled it out and now my toe is swollen

it hasnt gone down and my toe looks purple any suggestions?I cut my toe nails yesterday and i had a hang nail on my big toe so i pulled it out and now my toe is swollen
In my experience this could be one of two things.





A)Infection, which seems the most likely since it the time between the hangnail and the swollen toe was less than a week





B)Ingrown toenail. I've had a couple, and they're terrible. A small piece of nail grows into your toe, in the wrong direction, and then your body fights the intrusion by swelling up, I had to have surgery to


have it removed...very bloody and pretty painful, so good luck! I hope


it's option A)I cut my toe nails yesterday and i had a hang nail on my big toe so i pulled it out and now my toe is swollen
It will be very sore for several days. If it gets infected, then you have to see a Doctor. Try putting an antibiotic cream on it or keep it clean with hydrogen peroxide. Try to stick with flip-flops or sandals for a few days. It should improve by then.
Im sorry, brother. Go see a doc...
absolutely no idea sorry!
put ice on it and if that dont work go see a doctor
nope sorry get better tho
sounds like you busted a blood vessel in the process soak that toe in some epson salt, if the wound is still open squeze the toe and see if any pus or purple blood comes out, fluctiate the water from hot to cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment