Thursday, August 5, 2010

I got nail polish in a cut and I'm worried that it'll get into my bloodstream and make me sick... will it?

My friend said lemon juice does that, so I'm a little bit scared that nail polish might do that too. It's clear, top coat nail polish.... The cut wasn't too deep... But it hurt really bad when the nail polish got into it.





Should I be worried?








Also, is it true that if lemon juice gets into your bloodstream, you could get really sick? =/


I got nail polish in a cut and I'm worried that it'll get into my bloodstream and make me sick... will it?
Getting nail polish in cuts stings! and it can be freaky, but don't worry, you're going to be fine. the amount of nail polish you got into the cut wont do anything bad to you, i promise =]. it would have been more harmful to you if you just ate the nail polish, and even then the amount you use on your fingers shouldnt really make you seriously ill.





As for the lemon juice, any time you eat a lemon or drink lemonade, you get lemon juice in your bloodstream. Lemon juice is organic and actually contains a lot of things that are good for you! Getting lemon juice in a cut definitely stings, but it wouldn't have any side effects apart from the initial pain.





Your friend should check her sources!! =]





You'll be fine, don't worry. =]I got nail polish in a cut and I'm worried that it'll get into my bloodstream and make me sick... will it?
Relax, nothing is going to harm you neither the lemon juice or the nail polish. First of all your blood is under pressure, hence the term blood pressure. So therefore unless you inject the lemon juice or nail polish directly into your vein then nothing will happen. However, the alcohol in the nail polish, and the acid in the lemon will make it burn for a while. Your best bet is to wash the cut with warm soap and water, and apply a band aid for a day or two. Then remove the bandage and you will be fine. Have a wonderful day, Rev. Ed.
ANYTHING in your bloodstream can be dangerous...





i really don't think you have a problem. it would just sting (obviously)





i doubt lemon juice is particularly dangerous either. by that logic so is antibiotic stuff that you're SUPPOSED to put on these things





now what i'm wondering is why did you have an open cut whilst painting your nails?



no to all of it. the polish is like a glue to keep the cut from getting infected. lemon juice is a good thing to use to disinfect the cut. those are old remedies.
No, don't worry about it. It will hurt when you get things like lemon juice and nail polish in a cut- slat is even worse and so are hot pepper sauces. They won't make you sick- just hurt.
I wouldn't worry about it. If you ate lemon juice it would get in your bloodstream-- and that doesn't hurt you.
YES YOUR GONNA DIE GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLY!
I think you will live....this time

No comments:

Post a Comment