Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I received this amazing wall decorative blanket/gift.How do I hang it w/out putting nail holes/tac in it?

I received this 40 year old hand made blanket as a gift. The blanket was hand made in Peru and it is amazing. I don't want to sleep w/ it, it is a piece of art. I want to hang it on the wall as a display, however, I don't know how to hang it w/out putting nail/tac holes in the blanket. I surely do not want to do that. Any ideas? I like nice things, but, you could say I am, ';wine decorator on a beer budget.'; Any ideas , THANKSI received this amazing wall decorative blanket/gift.How do I hang it w/out putting nail holes/tac in it?
You can purchase quilt hangers, or you could make your own!





It's not difficult, all you need are some simple tools, and a little imagination.


lay a piece of wood (suitable size to overlap the width of the blanket about 2 inches on either side) on the floor, and place the edge of the blanket over it (allow the blanket to overlap a little) then place another piece of wood (same size) on TOP of the first peice. With screws long enough to enter the top peice of wood (but not so long as they stick out the other side of the bottom piece) attach the pieces together. Put the screws into the end of the wood where you allowed it to overlap.


Tighten as tightly as possible, and there you go! Attach picture frame wire to each end of the wooden 'hanger', and mount to the wall.





might take you a few minutes, but you could use decorative wood, and personalize the hanger to accentuate the blanket!





hope this helps:)





ToddI received this amazing wall decorative blanket/gift.How do I hang it w/out putting nail holes/tac in it?
You need to go to store and buy a quilt display holder.They just tighten up on the blanket and you attach the holder to the wall.
hang it with clothes pens


or velcro

No comments:

Post a Comment